We have a fantastic collection of wallpaper brands for you to select from including Zoffany, Cole and Sons, Designers Guild, Osborne and Little, Colefax and Fowler, Jane Churchill, Ralph Lauren, Nina Campbell, William Yeoward and Baker Lifestyle.
We love wallpaper, but not the wood chip type your gran had! Believe us it’s changed and we are very experienced in how to use it and very happy to pass on our knowledge to you. Its advantages outrun paint because wallpaper can last up to 15 years and beyond, which makes it cost-effective in the long run. It is generally accepted that properly hung wallpaper will last 3 times as long as paint.
Wallpaper adheres easily and smoothly to walls, hiding many surface imperfections. It can also add warmth, depth and style to a room that monotone paint simply cannot achieve. Cool designs, intriguing textures and beautiful prints have an impactful effect on the décor of a room. Wallpaper can be used to create a designer look in any space, and can also be applied to just one wall as a feature wall.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the sheer choice of styles and colours on offer and not sure how to bring a scheme together with your existing curtains and furniture, then why not take a look at our in-home colour consultancy service
Browse our wallpaper ranges in Rock and Truro
Wallpaper is a high fashion product, and choosing the perfect wallpaper is an exciting decision. Modern wallpapers are more beautiful than ever, incorporating a variety of sophisticated printing techniques, special inks and effects that make each unique.
Because of these techniques, and because of the variation of colour across monitors, and in the natural light of rooms, we recommend ordering a sample or visiting one of our showrooms that carries all our wallpaper collections before ordering your wallpaper rolls. This will allow you to see and feel the actual products, and to get a better idea of the colours, printing techniques and special effects to visualise how they will look in your space.
Some tips for using patterned wallpapers from Elaine Skinner
Patterned wallpaper can be a tricky thing to get right and I am very particular with the patterned wallpaper I like and don’t like, but don’t let it frighten you, just get good advice from a designer that is used to working with wallpapers.
3 good reasons to use wallpaper when decorating:
- Guests love staying in a patterned holiday home that has a strong design perspective and always comment on it. I am a strong believer in unique homes that feel layered and tell a story — no two homes should look the same.
- Patterned wallpaper adds a natural, organic feel to a space that we love. It brings a cosy feel and added texture that perfectly emulates the coastal Cornwall vibe without feeling formal or stuffy.
- Pattern can often make or break a space, but when used well it can create a unique and individual interior, giving you the edge over your competitors.
Styling tips to help you nail using patterned wallpaper:
- Stay away from cheap wallpapers – they say exactly that. Use iconic brands like Cole and Sons, Zoffany, Zimmer and Rhode, Lasers and Mark Alexander.
- Try to avoid matching your curtains to your rugs, cushions and tableware, it will make your space feel more relaxed and less styled-overkill.
- Play around with the space in the room and make sure there is some block colour to balance out your brighter patterns.
- If you’re nervous, then try featuring one wall: choose a dramatic, bold pattern to highlight an area of a room, such as behind a sofa or bed. Designs with a hint of metallic, mica or gloss will lend a classy, glamorous touch.
- Play around with scale – you don’t have to ‘match the size of the print to the size of room’. You can have fun and use a large, bold print to overpower a small room to create intrigue. It can actually make the room seem larger!
- If all four walls are decorated using a busy patterned wallpaper, just make sure you take the amount of light and space into consideration. Try using a muted colour version of the pattern to avoid overdoing it. You want your pad to be a calming, relaxing place, not somewhere to overdose on botanical prints everywhere.
- Try and blend a laid-back style and high glamour to create a luxurious and truly individual home. Sentimental pieces, keepsakes and objects from independent artists can be scattered throughout, to make it charismatic and one-of-a-kind.